Catering and facilities in house and off premises guidelines
- Staff and store employees are to be dressed modestly. Refined language to be used at all times at any facilities under the Vaad.
- All fires for cooking are lit only by the Rabbi. ALL Food, juice, milk, drinks, utensils, serving pieces, dishes, cups, flatware, etc comes ONLY from kosher caterer.
- No food items, or utensils from any outside facilities (even Kosher) may be used unless approved by Rabbi
- Ice buckets, water pitchers, unflavored brewed coffee, unflavored tea bags, can be used from hotel or outside vendors
- Caterer must keep Meat, Dairy completely separate & segregated, including utensils, cooking equipment, pots, pans, ovens, sinks, tables, Platters, flatware, serving utensils, platters
- Tables and counters must be covered with aluminum foil & paper unless koshered by Rabbi.
- Fish may be eaten at either a Meat or Dairy with thoughrly washed utensils and plates. Fish utensils & dishes are to be removed from guest prior to serving any meat dish. Cutting boards & knives should be washed thoroughly when changing between meat and fish and VS Versa
- Onions cut with a meat knife can only be used with a meat meal. Onions cut with a dairy knife can only be used at a dairy meal.
- Raw onions, raw eggs, peeled hard eggs, peeled garlic may not be left overnight even if salt or juice is added.
- Radicchio, Rosemary, Edible Flowers, Leek, Mint leaves, Celery must be checked by Rabbi prior to using.
- Whenever bread, rolls, challah rolls, bagels, etc are being served there must be a wash station set up and they are all considered Hamotzi
- Dairy & meat can NOT be at the same buffet.
- All utensils should be marked meat or Dairy. In the event that new unmarked utensils are bought for job, the Kashrus coordinator/administrator should be notified and they must be kept separate and sent back to commissary with a trusted person.
- On Sabbath or Yom Tov, when taking orders for choices, etc do not write in front of the guests, only outside of dining room.
- During Shabbos-No teabags or brewed coffee, only tea essence & instant coffee. No sliced lemon for tea on Sabbath.
- During Shabbos- Hot water only from designated urns. Do not unplug any urns, equipment unless cleared with Rabbi.
- No utensils may be taken up to the rooms in hotels or out of the dining room or Kiddush area. Plastic utensils are available.
- Only “mevushal” wines are used at any event with no exceptions. A guest may not bring non-mevushal wine to any public area including dining room, tea room, etc. A list of acceptable wines can be found on our website.